WEBSITE - ERINLOREE.COM

Friday, April 22, 2011

Transitions

So, over the past couple of months I have been undergoing many changes (however slow they might be happening) with my painting style. I have been experimenting a little bit trying to loosen up and feel the paint and what's in my soul rather than paint so literally. To me, these paintings are just a stepping stone towards a new path and a new direction. It all seems to be happening organically and in parallel with other transitions in my life, which is really exciting.

These are all paintings that I have done in the last month or so. Some of them are works in progress, but I'm leaving soon to go on a trip to Spain with an old friend and won't have a chance to work on them until I get back in July. If you have any suggestions or advice, I would love to hear it :)









I'm working on painting their eyelashes connecting to imply a fragile connection - that any slight movement or shift could sever it.

I wanted to include this one because it's the only in-class figure painting that I've ever finished...!

1 comment:

  1. Erin this is so exciting. I find it fascinating how once you take a more intuitive approach things seem to "fall together" on many levels...it's like something is pushing you, and you're letting it guide you...
    keep rowing in the dark... there's alot to discover. :)

    ReplyDelete